FXPRIMUS Weekly is your comprehensive technical and fundamental trading guide for the coming week! Access the latest news and in-depth technical indicator data, delivered by out market experts each and every week!
With a new week comes new market opportunities. Here’s a recap of what you may have missed, as well as some highlights of the week ahead of us:
Catching you up on last week:
• China stimulus rescues markets, propelling risk-on for global indices
• PMI rebound in Europe and the U.S.
• USD looks unstoppable against its counterparts
• TSLA gains almost 50% in 2 days, before falling over talks of a market bubble
This week, keep an eye on:
• Coronavirus still front and centre — with stock markets stretched, what effect could unexpected headlines have, and how will that affect majors like the dollar or yen?
• Whether Russian will accept the 600k cut production proposed by OPEC
• An interest rate decision in New Zealand, amid weak Asian-Pacific currencies
• GDP data in Germany, Europe and the UK
Let’s take a closer look…
Each week, we take a closer look at the markets that move, and those you may have missed!
High-yielding reserve currency against the safe haven. The yen was sold last week, now finding resistance close to a trendline and close to recent highs at 110.25. The risk to the upside 110 – 110.30 and to the downside, watch 109.65 – 109.10 – 108.50
TSLA is for the brave: what you see in this chart is 1 week, m30, and between the low and the high there is a 48% difference. Big gaps have been left behind, and the stock is now parabolic on a daily basis. If you are fast and humble, you can trade it, but as always, take caution.
1h CL oil: supports at 50.30 – 49.85 – 49.30, this week’s low. The green line at 51.83 is a level that has been rarely pierced at market close during 2019, so we remain below it. If oil can rebound, it will retest the red trendline (beginning 20th January) and the next test will be in the 51.75 – 52 area.
US indices are unstoppable off the back of the Fed liquidity injection. Don’t fight the trend, but it looks like it has touched the upper bound of the channel from December. We see 9450 to the upside; the channel will be retested @ 9500. To the downside, 9300 then close to 9150 – 9100.
Save The Date(s)
Here are the reports, meetings and other fundamentals to follow this week
|February 11th||09:30||UK Gross Domestic Product (YoY)||GBP|
|February 13th||13:30||US Consumer Price Index (YoY)||USD|
|February 14th||10:00||EU Gross Domestic Product (YoY)||EUR|
*All times are in UTC
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained here are provided as general market commentary and do not constitute investment advice. FXPRIMUS does not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.