FXPRIMUS Weekly is your comprehensive technical and fundamental trading guide for the coming week! Access the latest news and in-depth technical indicator data, delivered by out market experts each and every week!
Events likely to influence the financial markets.
Coming up this week:
1. Brexit looms with its January 31st deadline, and BoE meet Thursday over Monetary Policy talks
2. We await GDP data from the U.S., Canada and Europe, as well as an Interest Rate decision from the FOMC
3. Earnings season is in full swing with 400+ companies reporting, among them giants such as Apple, Amazon and Exxon. Tesla reports too, after having surpassed a $100b market cap this past week.
• ECB, Canada, Japan and China all leave interest rates unchanged
• US equities unstoppable as the Fed continues its not-QE-but-actually-QE
• On the commodities front: an oil sell-off while natural gas touched an all-time low
The times mentioned above are in Server Time (MT4 Time).
Market Sentiment Gauge
See how other traders are positioned
Are you Ready to Trade?
A look at our most popular trading instruments
EURUSD continues to trade lower following the reversal from above 1.1166. The last decline has taken price below the bullish channel, putting the focus on 1.0996 last.
Gold has been a little firmer over recent trading with price continuing to rally above the 1554.69
AUDUSD was capped by the .6926 level last week though for now remains above the broken bearish trend line and the .6850 support, keeping further upside alive.
USDJPY has reversed firmly from the bearish trend line, taking price back under the 109.71 level. While below here, the focus is on 107.82 next.
GBPUSD remained capped by the 1.3151 level last week, though for now is still sitting above the broken bearish trend line, keeping the focus on further upside.
Oil continues to sell off, following the rejection from above the 64.14 level. Price has now broken back inside the triangle pattern and is approaching the rising trend line and 52.73 level support.
An in-depth look at indices using technical indicators
Equities were rocked by the outbreak of tensions between the US and Iran which has raised fears over potential military conflict.
RSI: 64.1040 Bullish
Stochastic: 47.87548 Bullish
MACD: 237.90 Bullish
EMA*(30): 28743.3 Buy
EMA*(100): 27873.7 Buy
*Exponential Moving Average
Investors are caught between the opposing market forces of support from optimism around US/China trade negotiations and the downside pressure from geopolitical risk factors.
RSI: 66.7846 Bullish
Stochastic: 80.7134 Bullish
MACD: 160.90 Bullish
EMA*(30): 160.90 Buy
EMA*(100): 160.90 Buy
* EMA => Exponential Moving Average
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained here are provided as general market commentary and do not constitute investment advice. FXPRIMUS does not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.